To follow up on the last posting, I managed to get the output to Dashware to work correctly. Turns out the GPS isn’t a reliable source of timing.
I wound up having a few issues with finding and syncing datalogs to video. The Gopro was numbering runs by the run in its own order while the logger just continuously took several laps until I turned off the unit. This made linking up what went where difficult.
To solve this, the logger now has a “split” button where it closes the current log and starts a new one. This way, you can format the Gopro to start the file naming from 001 and the logger will do the same. Each run, the Gopro will increment and you can hit the “split” button on the Carduino to keep things in line. When splitting, the screen will flash white so it will help sync the seconds in Dashware. On top of this, the logger now always displays the file ID so you could flash gang signs at the camera or write down the file ID somewhere.
With this addition, the Carduino’s gui is in shambles so I’d like to rewrite it somehow. I’d also like to start coding the drift scoring mechanism. Although that requires the secondary arduino to be setup and logging things like angle and steering angle position.