I finally managed to get the OBD2 protocol working. It was mildly embarrassing but at least it works now. The screen shot below looks like a jumbled mess but that’s ok. To help figure out sizes and place things appropriately on screen, I’ve added a grid background. At this point, every major component outside of the external input, has reached “proof of concept” stage. Now it’s time to start polishing.
I think my next step is to clean up the UI and get it to display things I want. I’ll do an attempt at the G meter animation but it’s not the most important thing right now. If it does get done, it’ll be to test the refresh rate and speed of the animation.
Otherwise, I’d really like to get a sexy background up so it doesn’t look like the mess that it currently is.
Pingback: Drift Box |